Namaste!

Welcome to a blog about things in my life, observations about the world, and just silly stuff. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Raptor Squirrel vs. Kate Round 2

My optimism from the last posting on this subject had been slightly squashed by the latest discovery...

Yes, your thoughts are correct... that is a pot that raptor squirrel had started chewing on since last season.  As you might expect, after finding this any hope I had of building a structure to keep this predator of plants and pots out was deflated.   Raptor Squirrel 1.5 Kate 0.

Never fear, fellow green thumbs... I still have another card to play. 

I'm pleased to report that my decision to go with non-edibles this year in the garden has been successful and slightly cheaper.  Now only the summer heat is my foe.  I still see traces of the elusive raptor squirrel, but I think he has moved on to a new hunting ground.  I think my 'garden' has become more of a storage site for raptor squirrel since now all I find are shiny objects half buried in the pots.  Perhaps next season I'll try for some herbs as well... we'll see.  Although the season is not quite over, I feel that it is safe to declare a new score...

Raptor Squirrel 1.5   Kate 1



No comments:

Post a Comment